Thursday, May 12, 2011

I don't need a telescope to see that there's hope.

And that makes me feel brave.



There's a girl out there that needs bravery right now. Her name is Emily.

She's a beautiful girl from England who has leukemia. She went into remission for a little while early this year, but the cancer came back in March. Now the doctors are saying that they're going to stop chemotherapy because it's not working.

I don't even know her, but I'm proud of her.

She's fighting, day after day. She's living, and she's believing in God even though it's fricken hard.

Pain is in the world. Hurt is in the world. Death is in the world. We have to deal with all of them, but generally they don't hit us when we're young. They hit her, but she's living. Living to the full.

Pain is not an indicator to fall over and decide to die. Reading her blog taught me that. Neither is pain something to ignore, to pretend it's not there and blindly believe that it has to go away, it MUST go away.

Pain is hard, but it's a daily something to live with. We are not to whine. We are not to be blind. We are to trust, even when it's hard and not understandable.

This girl's simply posting made me realize that.

I'm praying for you, Emily!

-Tina

1 comment:

Summer said...

WOw what a beautiful post! Thank you so much for posting this for sweet Emily!! I know it will mean the world to her as it does me!!

xoxo
Sums