Tuesday, June 8, 2010

All my wisdom...

Yanked out. Gone. Forever removed. Oh wait--was that supposed to be wisdom teeth? Ah, probably. Considering that I've been holding an icepack up to my face (20 minutes on, 20 minutes off) and my jaw is pretty numb.

This morning, I got drilled, yanked, and bloodied up. Also known as the experience of wisdom teeth removal. If you can avoid this, please do so. Not meaning be unhealthy or have pain--just if the dentist says you don't have to, don't. It was interesting, but I got something like 8 shots of anesthetic and I'm only just now recovering feeling in my chin and lower lip. And the appointment was at 10 am this morning.

That was just the bottom two teeth, thank goodness. The dentist said that my uppers hadn't erupted (poked through, I think) and they looked like if they did, it would be okay and not cause pain. So I just got two out, which was fine with me.

It was kind of really gross to see the aide using a little sucker tube to get all of the blood to come out of my mouth. I usually do okay around blood, so I was fine and didn't faint, but it was still gross. They drilled around the teeth and then pried them/yanked them out with pliers. Actually, they cut the gum first with a knife. Am I grossing you out? For some reason I'm in a weird mood and I find that funny. Sorry. :P

We did not get laughing gas (which has a weird scientific name that I don't remember) because my sister got it when she got her wisdom teeth out three weeks ago and it made her sick and depressed. Not cool. So I was lucid all through and am lucid and hopefully will remain lucid. I chatted with the dentists in little breaks between pulls. (that's kind of weird, now that I think of it) I'm just tired.

As a matter of fact, I'm going to go watch some more movies. I've been chillin with power rangers, BBC Robin Hood, and Pixar movies. I love that stuff. I hope you all are having smashing days!

-Tina

1 comment:

carlotta cisternas said...

Oh man! I hope you feel better soon. Hopefully I'm never going to have mine taken out...it doesn't sound fun in the least. Blech.