Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I just wanna sing and dance!

Welcome to another issue of My-Niece Whenever-There-Is-Something-Worth-Writing-About!

This week we've got a special treat for you guys-- Cinderella: Sophia Style.

The main characters?

  • 12 inch Barbie as the Stepmother


  • 3 inch plastic doll as The Prince


  • Fashion Polly Cinderella as Cinderella!


Sophia starts the action by acting out the prince; her mom acts the Stepmother and Cinderella. He finds Cinderella.


Prince: I'll jump you up on the pony!


Cinderella: Oh, how nice!


Prince: I'll see you at da ball!


Cinderella: ...I thought this was the ball.


Prince: When you hear the letter B, come to da ball!


Cinderella: Oh, ok. I'll go home now.


Cinderella goes home, but *gasp*, her stepmother finds her!


Stepmother: Cinderella, you still have to do the vacuuming and the cooking and the cleaning and all your work. Do it now!


Cinderella: Stepmother, I will, but the prince asked me to the ball and I want to go.


Stepmother: NO! I'll lock you in your room! Ha Ha Ha!


The stepmother locks Cinderella in her room, who cries for help for a few minutes but then falls silent.


Meanwhile, the prince goes to their accustomed meeting place. When he doesn't find her there, he breaks out into song:


"Cindoweeeeella! Cindoweeeella! Where are you? And we'll go to da ball and dance and find you...yeah, yeah, yeah, laaaaaaa....Cindoweeeeeellla!"


End of musical interlude.


The prince rushes to Cinderella's house to find her.


Prince: Where is Princowella? (Another word for cinderella, of course)


Stepmother: Cinderella? I don't know who you're talking about!


Prince: (momentarily confused) You know! Princowella! The one I'm gonna dance with at da ball!"


Stepmother: Oh, but I don't want you to dance with her! I want you to go to the ball with one of my own daughters!


(Brief pause while Sophia's mom tries to find girl dolls among the toys.)


Prince: (still confused) Princowella IS your daughter! You're her mothow!


Stepmother: (whilst still looking) No, she's my stepdaughter.


(Sophia's mum comes back with the perfect toy for her stepdaughter)


Anastasia:

(The old man, not the rabbits)

The watcher of this scene promptly bursts out laughing, unable to contain herself any longer.

-Tina

No comments: